Meet Dr. Orrin Mitchell
I am passionate about creating a beautiful smile for each person, and providing the best treatment for each face. Each person is different, so merely straightening teeth isn’t enough — that’s the difference between a good orthodontist and a great one.
I strive each day to be a great orthodontist by creating customized smiles that look natural. A great orthodontist’s goals are to create beautiful smiles, beautiful faces, and beautiful teeth that function ideally when chewing and talking. That is my goal for each person.
I am excited to go to my office each day, because I get to experience the pleasure of bringing happiness and joy to my patients as my staff. What’s better than spending each day creating beautiful smiles? I don’t “go to work”; I get to do something I truly love and I’m great at doing.
I treat my patients as I would want my own family treated, and it shows. I take a friendly, attentive approach while providing expert, state-of-the-art orthodontic care. We use advanced techniques and the highest quality of materials, resulting in top-notch care for the ultimate in comfort and quality.
Jacksonville is more than just a place where I practice orthodontics; it is my home town. I married my high-school sweetheart and have two children. Our son is a dentist and our daughter is a physician. We also have four wonderful grandchildren. When I’m not at my practice, I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my three youngest grandchildren, reading, and traveling. My favorite authors are James Patterson and John Grisham.
Education and Certifications
- Board certified: American Board of Orthodontics
- Certificate in orthodontics: Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington, DC
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery: Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington, DC
- Recipient: Alumni Achievement Award, Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington, DC
- Member: board of governors, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Former member: Florida Board of Dentistry; board of directors, United Way of Northeast Florida; board of directors, Jacksonville Urban League
- Fellow: American College of Dentists, World Federation of Orthodontists